Stop EPA Environmental Rollbacks
1:1 matching gifts up to $25,000
Stop Trump EPA Environmental Policy Rollbacks - Say Not Now During the COVID-19 Crisis, Not Ever!
In support of our fight against the EPA's environmental policy rollbacks, a generous donor has made a pledge towards a matching gift challenge. Your contribution will now be matched 1:1 up to $25,000!
We all have been immersed in the COVID-19 pandemic that has recently unfolded across the globe. But while people are suffering and dealing with the consequences of this overwhelming crisis, the Trump administration’s Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has quietly begun rolling back environmental regulations that will further endanger our health and negatively impact the environment.
The EPA has:
- Decreased fuel economy standards for the auto industry.
- Temporarily loosened enforcement of regulations for air polluters if they are facing COVID-19-related challenges that impact monitoring and reporting.
- Issued a new rule under the Clean Water Act that will result in streams, some rivers and wetlands having less protections against pollution and other threats.
- Eased requirements that ensured climate change impacts be considered in the environmental reviews of most infrastructure projects.
- Stopped enforcing rules that require owners of energy companies and major construction projects to avoid killing rare wildlife and migratory birds.
- Advanced a rule that makes it harder for the agency to use scientific research to inform its decisions and rule-making.
- Eased controls on coal plants’ toxic ash and pressed for looser restrictions on mercury emissions.
These dangerous changes would undo policies that protect our waters, combat air pollution, climate change and mercury emissions. Rolling back environmental policies will cause more respiratory illnesses and other health issues, and negatively impact our wilderness areas, wildlife, communities, and the economy in the Adirondack Park and around our nation.