As you make your year-end choices about charitable contributions that make a positive difference, please consider the Adirondack Council. Your donation will be matched up to $80,000 by generous advocates for the Adirondack Park.
Below are some ways your investment helps preserve the water, air and wildlands for future generations.
- $10 helps share news and information about an important Adirondack conservation issue on social media.
- $25 supports the Adirondack Diversity Initiative, to make the Adirondacks a welcoming place to all.
- $50 or $4/mo promotes the #KeepItWild campaign to address overuse and secure comprehensive planning to sustain the success of more people enjoying the Adirondack Park.
- $75 or $6.25/mo allows an Adirondack Council staff member to “virtually speak” with students at a local college or high school about conservation policy and advocacy efforts.
- $100 or $8/mo retires carbon allowances from the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative and prevents 4 tons of carbon dioxide pollution from entering the atmosphere.
- $250 or $20/mo delivers the annual State of the Park report – an annual rating of government actions affecting the Adirondack Park - to New York State policymakers.
- $500 or $42/mo allows an Adirondack Council staff member to write monthly public comment letters regarding agency projects or analyze and respond to pending legislation.
- $1,000 or $80/mo helps sponsor a 6-week Clarence Petty Internship for an aspiring conservation professional to work with our Conservation or Government Relations staff.