The Essex Farm Institute is a program of the Adirondack Council.
At EFI, we seek to teach sustainable farming practices to self-identified beginner farmers. With your help, we are creating opportunities for these entrepreneurs to come learn new techniques, share ideas, and establish farming methods that are environmentally, socially, and economically viable. We envision a future where farms power themselves, their community and the world from the energy of the sun.
With your generous support we can:
- Provide workshops, programs, and learning opportunities to self-identified beginner farmers
- Facilitate applied research on climate smart farming techniques
- Encourage actions to improve the climate resiliency of local farms
- Support and promote farming as a viable profession, ensuring a bright future for local food
- Represent the policy interests of local farmers